Tuesday, September 9, 2008

NFC Picks

NFC East: I have to pick the Cowboys. I hate saying this but what is there not to like? There are complete on Offense, the D front 7 is as good as anyone in the league, and they, well, their just lighting fast everywhere. The addition of Adam "Don't call me sophisticated" Jones is a great one as long as he keeps his nose clean (don't hold your breath). I really hate giving the Cowboys credit so I am making this short. Marion Barber is a beast at RB. Done.
NFC North: The Vikings. I know they already lost to the Packers, but something tells me this team will get better over the year. I love the ground game with Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor in the backfield. The QB needs to get better but I think he will do enough to win. The D is one of the top 5 units in the NFL. They are so stubborn against the run and the pass D will get better with a pass rush. One of their receivers needs to step up his game and help Tarvaris Jackson mature as a QB. This team can make a nice push by taking positive steps in their offensive game.
NFC South: The Saints. I love the offense. Brees is so underrated I think I may start to reference the word by saying "Man, he is so good he is Breesed." The D is revamped but getting better. This division, except the Falcolns, is a crap shoot. I chose to go with the Saints. In the end I just like their QB better then Carolina's or Tampa Bay's. A lot of my pick has to do with Reggie Bush and his ability to become the impact player he was suppose to become when he was draft 2nd overall. Sean Payton might be the best mind when it comes to coaching the Offense side of the ball.
NFC West: Do I overrate the Cardinals and count out the Seahawks? Maybe I take the safe bet and go with the Seahawks? I am gonna go with my gut, I just think that the Cardinals will shine and make the quantum leap into the leader of this rag tag pack. The Cards have a former NFL MVP as their QB and the best, without a doubt, WR tandem in the world. Boldin and Fitzgerald are so gifted. You would need an extra 4 guys to cover them both. The D will be hit or miss. They are too inconsistent on that side of the ball to really contend but they will make enough big plays on the Defensive side of the ball.
Wild Card Teams: The Panthers and the Giants. Did you really think that I was gonna leave the G-men out in the cold? The Panthers are always a playoff team when healthy, but that is the problem. They are never healthy. Finally though, they are. Delhomme is due for a bounce back season, the O-Line is revamped and talented and that D is young and feisty. John Fox is still a great NFL mind, but can he still coach? Julius Peppers is due for a great season and that Jon Beason is a tackle machine.
Now, my Giants. I love the Offense. Eli is ready for a breakout season so is Brandon Jacobs. The O-line is one of the best in the NFL with Chris Snee as the anchor (and the underrated Shawn O'Hara). Justin Tuck is posed for an overall dominant season. The Super Bowl wasn't a fluke, he is ready to make the leap to the Pro Bowl. Aaron Ross is a stud CB and Webster is very solid on the other side. I am not ready to predict them to make another run at the Lombardi trophy, but I just don't think they will miss the playoffs.
I will be back very soon for my post-season picks. I have just been very lazy and nobody reads so what is the rush.

No comments: