Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Redemption

I love sports for the fact that anyone, at anytime can receive redemption. Miss a kick, next week you get a fresh start. Miss a pitch, next one you see..... gone good-bye. I have been away for a while for personal problems but all I ask for is redemption. And why not?! Ali got his with Foreman. Wilt received his with Russell. The Red Sox exercised their demons with the Yanks. Sports are alot like life when it comes to things. Redemption, redeem. Get a second chance. I may have thrown a bad pass, but heck, next one is going for six. Unitas was a classic when it came to redemption. He had his bad moments, but when it was all on the line he would look you in the face and tell you he had. Pride is gone, it is down to who wants it the most. Why do I want to be the best? Good, better, best, I will not rest until my good is better and my better is best. I have seen it a thousand, no a million times over. Times are down, things are tuff.... who cares we have all been there. It is what you do when you have the chance, the game moment. Life and sports are like a ballet of opportunities. They are interchanging, more over then over. The question is what will you do for redemption? How far will it take you? How far will you go? 1-2 curveball, will you swing? If Unitas let Rooney off the hook we may never know he was the greatest, the better. Give me 5 guys who need it the most and we can take down anything. It is not about what you do when things are down but what do you do when things are bleak. Quit? That is the easy way out. The Bills did that, they are 0-4 in the big game. The Mets choked down the stretch, why? Who wants it more?! It is not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog. My bite is not as big as my bite, but I will never quit. I want to raise up the trophy. Ask the Pats, ask them. The Giants wanted it more. They needed the fight. The spotlight. I love sports, they are the most realistic glimpse at life. Where else can a person go from happy, to sad, to defeated, to "Oh man!! We won!!". I am back. I am here. I want to report what I think and feel (I know, bad rhyme, but who cares. Redemption.) Good, better, best. I will not rest. Until my good is better and my better is best,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad your sports blog is up again I have missed it, you write so well, you should consider writing in spare time, Love It. Love Mommy