Sunday, July 13, 2008

Half Way Home





The All-Star game is Tuesday night, the summer classic. It means something now, the team that wins gets the extra game in World Series. The game is even extra special because it is at Yankee Stadium, the last year at the ball park. All that storied history with that ball park. Think about it, The House That Ruth Built, who played there. You get to stand in the same spot as Mantle. I already did my mid season report but I just like to reminisce about the All-Star game. I personally like watching the All-Star game. Some people don't like to watch the game. I get into the whole deal and the home run derby. I really hope that the National League will win. I will tell you what, I couldn't be in a better mood. The Mets have won 9 straight and the All-Star game is Tuesday. Baseball life couldn't be better right now. I see good things in the future for the Mets, good things. I know, I know, I have been up and down with them this year but they drive me nuts sometimes. The Mets will have two representatives, David Wright and Billy Wagner. I still think Jose Reyes should be on the team also. I hope that me saying that they will be okay doesn't reverse the streak. Man, I hope the Mets can keep it up. I can't wait for the game Tuesday night. The National League better wise up and stop the losing streak they have against the American League so that way when my beloved Mets make the World Series we can have the extra game at home. Can a brotha get an Amen!

"They invented the All-Star Game for Willie Mays."

Ted Williams

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Amen, brotha (aka dork)