Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Madden Release Day!


Today is a holiday to all sports nerds lives. Madden 09 has hit the shelves! I remember when I was a kid and I use to play it on my Sega Genesis, that is how far I go back. Over the past few years, say maybe 6 or 7, people have turned this game into an event. Now you can get the game at mid-night the Monday before. Man, things have changed. When I was in high school me and my friends would run to the store once we got out of class. We use to have leagues, we would draft a team and then play a whole season with them. We would have sleepovers and Christmas vacation meant Madden Bow-naza Time! We would rip into each other if we lost and I mean do it when we were out grabbing a drink. We would call each other about trades. Girlfriends had to wait, if you had a game you had to get it out of the way before you went anywhere. I will be honest, if my buddies wanted to start up a league tonight I would be in. I will always have Madden in my life. When my children are born, boy or girl, daddy will introduce them to the world of Madden. I can't wait til they are good so that I can actually play them. I woke up and went straight to the store. When I was a bit younger I would be first in line, now I don't feel like dealing with all the nonsense. I would have been there at mid-night, I once slept in a K-Mart parking lot for a Playstation 2. I slept about an hour, went home, played Madden, went to class, and then straight to my friends to see what team I would get in our league. I once won 40 dollars because some senior thought he could beat me. I was a sophomore, he sent his friend to get me and challenged me. I wooped up on him and collected. Madden is and will always be a big part of my life.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

new madden?! oh no.. there goes by fiance.

Katrina said...

*my fiance/bye fiance. i loooooove you!