Friday, August 15, 2008

Who Left The Door Open And Let The Dog Run Off?




AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON EVERYBODY!! HOW ARE YOU TODAY? MIKE AND THE MADDOG HERE TO JOIN.

Chris "Maddog" Russo

Love them or hate them, Chris "Mad Dog" Russo and Mike Francesa made up the most popular talk show and reinvented how sports were talked. They would chat about anything sports worthy from 1-6:30 on WFAN 660 on the radio and were simulcasted on YES via tv. But, Doggie is gone, splitvilles. Oh man, will I miss him. Don't get me wrong I love Michael, but Doggie was the best. He would rant and scream, mispronounce names, and predict the Yankees wouldn't make the playoffs every stinking year. He was great. I actually got into a fight with Chris on the phone once about Ichro. I don't know what to do with myself. I loved listening and watching them. I loved when Chris would cry to Mike about how bad his Giants where or when they would just tease the producers of the show about anything. He was great. He had a way of making you hating him but still wanting to listen. He always made predictions that would never come true, he ranted about his kids, and he stepped all over the New York areas teams (his audience is primarily New York). But at the end of the day you just loved him. He was good for radio, he grilled guys in interviews. He once had a argument with Brian Cashman (New York Yankees G.M.) live on the air about some of his personnel moves. Doggie, doggie were will you surface. Rumor has it that it will be satellite radio, but that is just a rumor so far. What is Mike gonna do? I didn't get a chance to listen today to the show, first with the new developing news, because I am on a bus. I heard that Mike actually didn't care that he was solo, man I hope that isn't true after 19 years. I have been a devote fan for about 9 years, and I am broken up by this. I found out late last nite around 11:04 when I was playing Madden. Here I am riding high because the Mets are in first by a half game, full after the Phillies lost late last night, and I get this bombshell. If anybody is wondering why this is big news and why I even bloged about it then you don't get sports talk radio. They pioneered the whole method. They made the careers of alot of people. Go ask Mike and Mike what they did or see if the idiot in your town would be without these two. Love them and most people hate them, they made sports talk radio. They are part of New York pride, they are icons. Doggie, doggie where are you? So from now on I will never hear a grown man cry about his San Francisco Giants on the air, or hear about his weekend tennis outing. Below is a great clip from Doggie. It is a very amusing video, but the issue is very bad. It is when Adam "Pacman" Jones paralyzed somebody. The video is funning just because of how Doggie rants, the issue is very awful. To me, Adam "Thug" Jones should be in jail, but that is a whole nother can of worms. Trust me I will approach that topic now that Mr. Man has joined "America's Team", the Convicts or I mean the Cowboys. Just watch his anger, this was Doggie. These rants happen very often, especially when Michael wasn't in. Doggie, doggie.......



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6ShZYlj68

No comments: