Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Don't Fear The Reaper






“We make it hard for ourselves sometimes, ... and we go to the heartbreak hotel a little too much.”
Willie Randolph



He had it coming, walking on hot coals. You can't fire 25 players, but can fire the coach. Trust me, Willie wasn't great, but these bums deserved the be cut . Delgado, he is God awful! They, the Mets that is, did this firing in the most classless, heartless, selfish way. I have a feeling it wasn't Omar's choice for this, I think it was Jeff Wilpon who wanted it. He wanted it immediately, no questions asked. They had fired him after a win, after a stretch in which the Mets won 3 out of 4. That is not how we handle business. Are we not a big league team, don't we know how to handle business? God, for the first time ever I felt embarrassed to be a Met fan yesterday. I felt so bad for Willie, he is a man not a child. Willie deserves more respect. He has the 2nd highest winning percentage in Mets coaching history. Willie deserves better. I really hope he finds another job. Part of this mess was his fault, but come on the players aren't exactly innocent. Willie is one of only 4 managers to lead the Mets to the division title. He deserved better. Willie was a heck of a player but only an OK manager. You know what, the players didn't help. Delgado, he is lucky I am not the GM. He would have been out on his fanny about a month ago. I would have eaten his contract and say "Sir, I thank you for your time here but it is just time to part ways." I would have been very polite. I would have told El Duque, either we knock off this injury bull crap, or we can also part ways. Reyes, shout up and go play. I swear I would have sat him down at the slightest minute. The players need to stop this baby b.s. and go out and win. Willie, he deserved way more class. Well lets see when the time comes how much respect Jerry Manuel and Omar Minaya gets. The Mets better get the act together and start winning or else they are going to look bad about this Willie firing. Willie deserved better.



1 comment:

Katrina said...

poor willie. and the mets are breaking my heart again this season.

also, i only have 3 more blog entries than you so far for 2008... you're catching up!