Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Some Sports Fun



"I play to win, whether it is practice, or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusuam to win."
Michael Jordan

First things first, how about the Old Goat Pedro Martinez. He was great yesterday. Carry the Mets to a 9-1 victory. They are rolling along winning again today 5-3. Mad Dog, from Mike and the Mad Dog, said after the Giants won the first game, "The Giants took out the trash by beating the Mets." funny, didn't we win 2 out 3?!?!?! Doggy, can't wait for tomorrow, the Mets fans will be calling. Ah, the Mets, I will bash them and cheer them get ready. I get a little nutty with them. It's OK because I will always love them.

Next story, getting ready for game 1? Oh I can't wait, Kobe v. Pierce, Garnett v. Gasol. Lets get this thing going already. I really hope Kobe can pull it out, I really do. How classic to have the Lakers v. the Celtics? This is a match up of the two best franchise in basketball. It would be like Yankess v. Cardinals, or 49ers v. Steelers. Best versus the best. I really can't wait to watch. I expect a great series. I would be shocked if it didn't go at least 6. Some of the games biggest stars are playing, but the brightest is in yellow. Kobe. He is great. I read an article on him, in it I saw a great story. He was in high school, playing 3 on 3 at practice. His team needed one more bucket to win, he passed to one of his teammates, the kid missed the shot. What did Kobe do? He reamed him into new ass. That is a man who wants to win, he is willed. Lets go Lakers!!!!

Joba, J-O-B-A. The next desperate attempt at salvaging the Yankee season. This is not the right way to do this. He should be in the minors getting stretched out. Not wasting a game for the Yankees. He pitched 2 1/3 of an inning and sealed up another loss for the Yanks. It isn't right to play him and get a loss. It isn't fair to the other 24 guys or the manager. This is all because they couldn't land any of the high profile pitchers being dangled over their head. It is time for Cashman to except defeat and try to make another move. Joba cost them two games, one when he couldn't pitch in relief and one when he failed to get out of the 3rd inning. Make a move, put Joba back and make a trade. Failure is weak, truimph is strong.

No comments: