Thursday, June 5, 2008

Draft Day


"I'd catch a punt naked, in the snow, in Buffalo, for a chance to play in the NFL"
Steve Henderson

The draft, it is so tremendous. I can't imagine the feeling. Getting out of class, sitting in the green room, at mom's place, or even after practice. The cell rings, "What is that. You're kidding. I got taken when? By who?." cue tears of joy. The one thing that you have been working for your whole life, the one moment. Here is that moment, pinch yourself all you want, it came true. How much time, energy did you put into practice, draft day it is the greatest feeling for that young man. You wake the next day and you now are a member of so and so team. Draft day, young man congrats, your dream has come true. The draft, teams screw up sometimes, Tonny Mandirich, but then the steal. Tom Brady 6th round, 199 pick of the 2000 draft. How fun is it to get drafted? The draft makes or breaks a franchise. Draft day is a treat for the sport fan. I love it when the first pick is said. The Giants have drafted two quarterbacks in the last 30 years in the first round, Phil Simms and Eli Manning. Wow, talk about a pair of good picks, two Super Bowl MVP's. The NFL and NBA draft are a big thing for me, I love to watch. I love all the hype. I love the draft. It is crucial to make the right pick. If not, welcome Ryan Leaf. Have fun with the draft. Draft day, congrats young man.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

derek jeter. what a cutie... let's go lakers/mets?!