Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Subway Series



“The next thing I'd like to experience, ... is the playoffs in New York.”

David Wright

I love watching the two teams battle it out. It is fun, the Subway Series that is. They met once in the World Series, it was 2000. I was in hell. I have all Yankee fans for friends. You must have seen how that played out. The Mets are the younger brother in New York, everybody knows it. We won the series this year for only the second time. We split the 4 game series over the weekend, that is like kissing your cousin. I mean, I wanted 3 out of 4 to spring board the season. I can't get a feel for this bunch, the Mets that is. What is wrong with them? I mean lets strap on our big boy pants and WAKE UP!!!! The Subway Series is a lot of fun, you get to see little bro take on big bro and try to turn the tide. Remember playing ball with your younger brother and next thing you know he just sank that jumper in the corner to beat you, he beat you! The torch being passed, it comes so quietly. You never know, well, that is what the Mets do when they beat the 27 time champs the Yankees. Little bro got the best of you. Yeah, I know, play it off as if you let him win. The Yanks feel the same way this season. The Series brings some fun to the ball park, a little energy. The two teams seem to take pride in the Series. They all want to win, it is almost bragging rights to win the Series. Take the back page, big bro lost to little bro. I love watching the Series, only when the Mets win. The Mets, what am I going to do with them? They are killing me, maybe it is time to turn it around. Just maybe..........

"If you're going to play at all, you're out to win. Baseball, board games, playing Jeopardy, I hate to lose."

Derek Jeter


No comments: