Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Saying Good Bye With A Smile.







"I always have a lot of personal goals, but primarily my main goal each year is to obviously win a Super Bowl."
Michael Strahan
I say good bye to another one of my favorite sports figures, Michael Strahan, but I do it with a smile because he went out the right way. With a title in his last year. Just like John Elway did in his final two years. 141.5 sacks for his career, 216 games played, 667 tackles, 15 fumbles recovered, 24 forced, and one spot in my heart. He was a beast when he was healthy, he is the all-time sack leader in Giants history and 5th in NFL history. He was one of the most complete defensive end ever. Drafted out of Texas Southern in the 2nd round round by the Giants. He has played his whole career in New York. He will probably work for Fox doing football. He had some flaws, he would say the wrong thing sometimes, but he would make up for it plus we don't pay him to talk. Fox will. I loved him, he was the man. I wanted to be as good as him in my playing days. Man, he was a God to me. Now I get to watch Justin Tuck fill in, number 91 filling in for 92. Tuck is a heck of a player in his own right. He had 10 sacks and he only started 2 games. He was one of the Super Bowl heroes this past Super Bowl. Not too often do players like Strah come around, he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. He is going to go in with one of the best classes I can remember, Jonathan Ogden, Brett Farve, and Warren Sapp. That is ridiculous good, crazy good. He is football royalty, and it is funny that Farve is going in with him they are forever linked. Farve was the one that was sacked for the record breaking 22.5 sack in one season, I forgot to mention that little stat. So lets say good bye to a all-time great, number 92 Michael Strahan.

"I think this can be a championship team. But we do have to take it one game at a time. You can't look at the end of the road before you get the next foot in."
Michael Strahan

No comments: