Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why We Want To Win So Bad




"Why did I want to win? because I didn't want to lose!"



Max Schmelling



In life there are ups and downs, in sports there are ups and downs. The downs are not welcome, they are shunned. I want to win not for the money, the fame, the extra camera time, or the individual achievements. We want to win because, well we just don't want to lose. It is that simple, we don't want to lose. Winning with the team is, well the best feeling. I remember when I won it was like I was in a heaven. When I lost, don't talk to me because I don't want to speak, eat, or live. But when I win, try shutting me up or taking my food. Why do we want to win, we don't want to hear the nay sayers have the story right. When you wake up in the morning, do you say "I feel like being miserable all day and not succeeding at anything.", I didn't think so. Win, win and at last win. Do what it takes, give every ounce of your existence, because well, it is worth it every time. Go back to it "Good, better, best. I will not rest. Until my good is better, and my better best." that is what it takes to find success. Hard, work, determination, heart, and just down right wanting it more then the other person. That is what I am hoping Kobe will do, because my stupid Mets have no heart. They should think of going to find the Wizard and Dorothy and make a request. I just don't want to lose. I love watching a team that is willing to put their heart on their sleeve and gut it out. I hate him but, Curt Schilling knows a little something about giving it all. Have some pride, put yourself out there. See if you lose, which you don't want, but you left yourself on the field then heck it just wasn't your day. But at least you left yourself on the field. Last team standing, the Alpha male, it just does not get better than this. Fight, no quit, keep going. My leg hurts, suck it up because when we win you will thank me so much. Kids don't wear t-shirts that say I almost won. So, why do I want to win? Because I don't want to lose.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan."



John F. Kennedy

No comments: