Friday, May 23, 2008

All Over The Place




Funny, last week the Mets had gotten over the hump. But wait this is the New York media market. Everything, every game is over analyzed by the people who report and aren't there inside the locker rooms, the places where only the players know what is going on. I have been the first one yelling at the screen, but come on, maybe we are over reacting. I heard a great comment by Mike, of the Mike and the Maddog show, he says that it is time for us as Mets fans to calm down and forget last year. To take a line straight out of his pages, "It is time for us to open the windows, and air out the room." he has a great point. Listen, I am all but fed up with the Mets but, maybe, just maybe we could right the ship. Lets wait til we get the Old Goat, Pedro Martinez gets back. I want Willie out, but lets look at the facts, Beltran has 4 homers, Reyes can't get on base with regularity, he has a guy on his bench/starter in Anderson who can't get a hit (0-18), Alou can't stay healthy, and Heilman has a ERA of 6.35. Things are bad but maybe, just maybe Willie isn't to blame. But like they say, you can't fire the 25 players. Maybe, just maybe, they can right this ship.

Kobe. MVP. I love the player. Yes, I know he had some legal issues and yes, his personality is tuff on the skin. But he got his yellow warriors to win. Kobe Jellybean Bryant. That is all I have to say. MVP. Great baller, man, great. Down 65-45 with 17 and change left, wouldn't you know it. He has ice water in his veins. He could be 0-20, but he will still demand the ball in the dwindling minutes. Kobe. MVP. He is the closest thing to MJ that I can remember. Yes, yes, Bron Bron is the King, but Kobe is , well, MVP. He is looking for his first title by himself without the Diesel, Shaq. His dad was a bit player for the Sixers and he went on to play in Italy. I believe, if I am not mistaken, Kobe can speak four languages. He is so misunderstood as a person. Man, I never believed he raped that girl, yes he may have had some fun with her, but not rape. She wanted money, not right, not when the man has a family. Listen, if you willing go to a star's room late at night when everybody is asleep, what did you think was going to happen? I am not saying I condone it, but come on. There comes a point when logic has to be throw into the situation. But any who, back to the legend. Kobe. MVP. Clutch. I mentioned heart a whiles back, he has a huge heart. Enormous. Need a 16 wheeler to bring it around. Kobe.

Game two, back to heart. Oh the Celtics, the Celtics, the Celtics. Where do I begin. The big three show up and yet they still lose. They are so over hyped it isn't even funny. Two of the three have never done a thing by themselves. If Rondo doesn't step up, pack the bags, its over junior. I said it the other day, the Celtics have no heart. They are over-rated. They beat up on horrible Eastern Conference teams all year and finally they have a real foe and what, they curl up into a ball and perverbably cry. Garnett is so over-rated it isn't even funny. He is the most over hyped player I can remember. It took him 7 tries to even leave the first round. Dominique Wilkins made it to the conference finals a few times with no talent. The T-Wolves had to get rid of the farm to get him out of the first round, sad. I will stand by my pick, Pistons in 6. Lakers in 5. Turn the clocks back, it is 88-89 all over again. God I love the NBA playoffs!

No comments: