Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do You Believe In Miracles!!!!!!!!!


I love the upset, unless I am the one who is losing. The smaller boxer or the glue stuck mongrels that form this football team. But how does this seem to happen? Should the bigger, better team win? It has been going on forever, going back to the Bible. David defeated Goliath. My favorite is the Denver Nuggets of the 93-94 season. They beat the power house Sonics. Some of my favorite players were on that team. LaPhonso Ellis and Robert Pack are two of my favorite players ever. I watched LaPhonso Ellis when he was playing at Notre Dame. Man, if he ever could stay healthy. Robert Pack was such a good ball of energy that came off the bench. When he came to the Nets I was so happy. The upset, it happens and when it does we all root. Tell me, unless you are a Uconn fan, you didn't like George Mason in the Final Four? Or team USA pulling out the greatest miracle ever. The Cardinals weren't suppose to beat the Tigers, but heck, that is why we play the games. Upset special. I love watching the college upsets the most. To me, they seem to care so much that they literally cry themselves to sleep. When number one goes down it is fun. Appalachian St., that is classic. Those kids can now tell their grandchild that "One day I beat Michigan in the Big House". The Giants were small but not that day, not that Super Bowl. They stared the Patriots down and didn't flinch. They felt they belong, and it turns out that they did. Eli, star. Strahan is the toast of the town, "Hey maybe I shouldn't show up for camp next year and we can do this again". The upset, it couldn't be more fun. You feel like the little guy. Immediatly you adopt them as your team. They are what sports is all about. They make it fun, who wants the outcome to be what it is suppose to be?!?! I like drama, I like upsets. I watch that whole series between the Nuggets and the Sonics. I rooted like heck for those guys. I still remeber Deke lying on the ground holding the ball in his two hands, smiling and screaming. Deke, I tend not to like the "look at me celebration" but with Deke its different. He takes it well when they give it back to him. That team was awesome that series. They won Game 5, back then the first round was best of five, at Seatle. Who do think you are, upset special. Upset is great, the upset. Its a fabulous game.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

i like the new layout. :)