Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What is this West Coast stuff?


Who here doesn't hate the 10pm start of a game? I understand that it can't be helped, but for Christ's sake can somethining be done?!?!?!? Maybe have more day games. I have to stay up until 1am for the Mets? What is this. I love the late start on the weekends, but on a Monday night I have to stay up?!?!?! Do a day game, why not. Who doesn't love a little kid in a cap with a sundae or hot dog watching the game? Why take away my beloved Mets, all I want to do is watch. I was only able to see 1 inning last night. That is not right, all because some "come late, leave early" Dodgers fan can see the Mets?!?! They don't like sports, they like glamor. They threw out two football teams for Pete's sake. Who does that?!?!??!?!??!! It is a lousy media market with sports. They could't tell you Babe Ruth from Babe Didrikson. They love the Lakers and that is it, the Dodgers need more. They are Duke, and Jackie. They are the pride of Brooklyn, but you wouldn't even know it. Number 42 wasn't a player for the L.A. media, but rather the New York Times. L.A. is basketball, John Wooden is the king, not baseball. Come late, leave early, thats what they tell me. I don't know. Maybe I am old fashioned, but where is the cigar and the notebook asking me about the 0-4? Sandy and Don where great, but wouldn't you like to see them in Brooklyn? Think about it, they would have been everywhere. The M&M boys would have been long forgotten. Sandy, there is a guy who was quiet, but needed to be pushed. He was the greatest. They don't know what they have. They like to root when they are up and hate when they are down. Sandy, who is built like him. Come late, leave Early.

2 comments:

Al said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

let's go mets! i love you.