Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bloopers....... They Kill


The Mets just scored a run without a ball hit out of the infield. They kill. They hurt more than a homer. The batter was fooled but he still got a hit?!?!?! That would kill me if I pitched. Rod Carew was famous for these hits. The ones that wouldn't leave a little league ballpark. He made a career out of it. 3,000 hits and a few batting titles later, bloopers. It funny how those hits can be just as fatal as a homer. 2 outs in the 9th, and wouldn't you know it but, a two out rally started by a blooper. Hurts. Homers are glamour, bloops win. Make contact, that is what you are told. Put the ball in play. Maybe, just maybe, something, someone, can cause something to be changed. Catch, turn and throw can become catch, turn, and HEADS UP! Bloopers, put the ball in play that is all. They make all the difference. They can change a game, bloopers that is, they can be the pain in the fanny. Take them for granted, do it I dare. Call me crazy. I have watched Jose Reyes get a cheap hit and then steal second and score right afterwards. Singles turned into doubles. They can kill ya. If I pitched I might lose sleep over them. They are horrible. They stink. They change the game, bloopers that is. Don't take them for granted those cheap hits, they may turn the tide. Bloopers, they kill ya.

No comments: